Saturday 30 August 2014

Flash Back Friday- Star Road

On the top of my list of things to do on my most recent trip to Japan was Star Road. Star Road is a small workshop situated In Tokyo, Japan. Don't let the "small" part fool you, there is A LOT to see there. With every square inch filled with cars, you're guaranteed to see all the classic Japanese cars like the iconic Hakosuka, the almighty Kenmeri, his four door brother the Yonmeri as well as Shoji's prized Blue Devil Z (S30 Fairlady).











Shoji Inoue is the owner and founder of Star Road, and will be one of the nicest people you will ever meet. When I met him he was happy to let me look though his workshop, moved cars to allow me to get photos and even cleaned some cars down to ensure his attention to detail and craftsmanship looked its best in my photos. Shoji and his team have built some truly amazing cars over the 20 odd years they have been in business, it is the mecca for any true JDM car lovers. I would highly recommend making the trip out to Star Road.

Shoji warming up the Devil Z




When I mentioned Shoji's attention to detail before, I really meant it. He truly does take pride in every car he, and his team build. No corners are cut and no expense is spared. Before I had the privilege of visiting Star Road for myself I read somewhere that Shoji had once said "A car will not betray your dedication" and after seeing his work in person I truly believe he builds every car to this motto. 








I also wasn't lying when I said Shoji will be one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Not only did he go out of his way to allow me to take photos and look around his shop, he even let me jump in, start and rev his Blue Devil Z! As nervous as I was to get into it, I knew it was an opportunity I couldn't pass up.




Recently Shoji teamed up with Work Wheels Japan to release his own line of wheels, The "Glow Stars". They're a mesh styled wheel, but even with the hundreds of other mesh styled wheels around, Shoji managed to create something that is very unique. They're a 15" forged 3 piece wheel available in a wide variety of widths and offsets and with Work Wheels behind them you know they quality will be fantastic. So if you're looking for some new shoes for your car be sure to check them out!






Despite the language barrier I stayed for about an hour looking at all the cars Shoji and his team had built, and the ones waiting for him to bring them back to life. When it was time to leave and Shoji realised we were staying in Shinjuku, about a hour and a half walk / subway and train ride away he offered to have one of his workers to drop us to a different train station so we could get a direct train back to our hotel, cutting the trip down to 30 minuets, again showing Shoji's kind nature. Before I left Shoji grabbed a few stickers for me to take home and got the classic photo in front of the shops sign.





Im sure this wont be the last time I visit Shoji and his team, and I'm sure ill be just as amazed by his creations next time as I was this time. If you're in the area Star Road is a must! If you love Japanese cars, I know you'll love this place as much as I did. 



No comments:

Post a Comment